There is evidence that the mill existed in 1649 and it was used for milling until the 1920s. The site contined as a farm but was eventually demolished in 1971.
There are a number of remains in the area, as well as the obvious buildings, theres a dam upstream from which a mill race can be traced to the mill.
An archaeological dig was performed by Stephen Sherlock in the last 80s, the report from this can be found in Redcar Library.
Etching of the mill.