The shaft at Lumpsey were started in early 1880 and stuck the ironstone seam 175m down in late 1881.
The mine operated through to November 1954, the majority of the building were demolished around 1964.
Between the two shafts are the sizeable brick foundations of a steam pumping engine.
The circular opening of the Waddle fan house is still visible, although perhaps not for much longer as comparing with pictures from a couple of years ago the top has recently broken.
Slightly to the south of the winding house foundations are four concrete blocks which supported steam driven electricity generators.