Bent Rigg Coastguard Lookout

Geotag Icon Show on map

When built in 1935 this was designated as an Auxiliary Coastguard Watch Station
Bent Rigg Coastguard Lookout
Between 1939 and 1945 it became a War Watch station, insulators on the rear of the building indicate its telephone connection to the adjacent Radar Station.
The building remained in use by the coastguard until 1972 and was rennovated in 1999 as part of the Heritage Coast Project.
Bent Rigg Coastguard Lookout
Bent Rigg Coastguard Lookout

It still commands excellent views over the coast.

Leave a Reply