Thornaby On Tees Library was donated to the town in 1892 (the year Thornaby On Tees was formed) by T Wrightson, one of the firm ‘Head Wrightson’ who were based in Thornaby.
Those details are recorded across the gables
The building was enlarged in 1904 by famous industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie
The large carved plaque above the door records the names of the two contributors.
The building now sadly lies stranded inside the ‘Mandale Triangle’ which is very much like the one in Bermuda.