Saltburn Friends Meeting House 1887

Geotag Icon Show on map

This building is currently occupied by the Saltburn Evangelical Church, although it’s 1887 date stone show its earlier incarnation as the Friends Meeting House.
Friends Meeting House Saltburn 1887
It makes sense there would be a Quaker presence in Saltburn due to the influence of Henry Pease. Quaker worship started in Saltburn during 1869, an Allowed Meeting was created in 1873. It became a full Preparative Meeting in 1885 two year before this building, the Meeting closed in 1914.
Friends Meeting House Saltburn 1887
The meeting house actually pre-dated the building of Leven Road as that doesnt exist on early maps.
friends

Leave a Reply