Information from the Robinson Institute Website :-
Thomas Alexander Robinson (1830 – 1912) Originally from Houghton le Spring, Co. Durham, Thomas Robinson was the son of a blacksmith. He worked as a clerk to a coalmine company owner, a role which took him to Europe where he saw an opportunity to import cheap fresh eggs to England to feed the growing masses in the industrial towns of the 1860s. Later he set up a shipping company in West Hartlepool, which moved to the deeper port of Hull around 1901 and was known as Thomas Robinson & Sons Co. Ltd.
The plaque reads :-
The Robinson Institute, Presented to the people of Glaisdale by the late Thos. Robinson Esq J.P. (The Gables) To Commemorate the Coronation of King George V. 1911