Stainton Memorial Hall 1844

This building originally opened as a ‘Nation School‘ in 1844 which cost sixpence a week.
Stainton Memorial Hall 1844
It closed in 1878 when a free school opened and then became a reading room.
Stainton Memorial Hall 1844
It was extended in 1922 to become the Village Hall and War Memoral.
Stainton Memorial Hall 1844

It remains in use to this day and carries possibly one of the most out-lying of Middlesbroughs Heritage plaques.