Trough House is currently used a shooting hut.
But aerial photographs reveal the whole are is dotted with coal workings known as High Moor Colliery, and it may have originally related to those.
The stone over the door carries the date 1801
Gillamoor Sundial was erected August 27th 1800 by John Russell.
The lower cylinder is inscribed “ERECTED BY SUBSCRIPTION”.
Sloped cap of cylinder carries a Time Equation table.
Cube has east and west meridian dials carved on east and west faces, and north and south vertical direct dials to north and south faces.North face also inscribed with name and date: “J Russell Sculpit, August 27th, AD MDCCC”.