Cleveland Railway Bridge, Flatts Lane

Geotag Icon Show on map

The Cleveland Railway opened in 1861 as a freight line for the local ironstone mines, but the route quickly became duplicated and redundant and closed in 1873, after only 12 years of use.

Capture

This sandstone wall marks where the line crossed over Flatts Lane as it turned North towards Middlesbrough.

Cleveland Railway

An excellent account of the Cleveland Railway can be found in Andrew Pearson’s comment on this previous post

4 thoughts on “Cleveland Railway Bridge, Flatts Lane

Leave a Reply