Guisborough Providence Board School 1878

Geotag Icon Show on map

The plaque records the fact that the Guisborough Providence Schools were originally erected in 1792 in Westgate by George Venables  a London businessman who visited Guisborough. He died 12th April 1813 and is buried in the Tower of London
Providence School

The current building was rebuilt by the Guisborough School Board in 1878
Guisborough Board School 1878
On the 1894 OS map the road is known as Providence Street rather than the current Rectory Lane.

Guisborough Board School 1878

The current building ceased to be a school in 1968 and in 1981 was bought by the Territorial Association Social Club,