Show on map
The date stone on the Methodist Church indicates it was built in 1912 as a Wesleyan Church and operated for nearly 100 years until 2011 and is now boarded up.
The laying of the foundation stone was reported in the Whitby Gazette on the 8th December 1911. The land was donated by Mr T.C. Hutchinson, MD of the Skinningrove Ironworks.