This building which is now the Grace Community Church, stands on Deepdale Road, it was originally a Primitive Methodist Chapel, but not the the first built in this area.
The original chapel built in 1911, was a short distance away at the top of Loftus Bank where there’s now just a small park.
The chapel was damaged by a major landslide in September 1929, but it can be seen that elements of the original were reused in the rebuild such as the details above the large window.
In the foundation laying ceremony of the original it can be seen that there were rows of bricks with initials of the congregation / contributors.
These bricks would appear to have been reused extensively in the rebuild.