This website aims to record places of interest in the Teesside / Cleveland / North Yorkshire area that generally never make it to the pages of the normal tourist guides.
Wartime relics, Ironstone Mining sites, Abandoned Railways and anything else that takes my fancy
The sites listed within range from the very public and completely safe, to extremely dangerous unfenced mine shafts, so please read the Disclaimer.
I would love to hear from anyone with any additional information on the sites listed, or any suggestions of places which should be listed (just add a comment to a post)
Most pictures can be clicked to view a much higher resolution version stored on Flickr. These photos are all covered by a Attribution-NonCommercial Creative Commons license.
Entering sites listed here can be a very dangerous activity that can lead to serious injury and death. In browsing this website and making use of any of the information contained within, you (if on your own) or your party signify full acceptance that:
1. You are entirely responsible for your own actions at all times.
2. You will not hold liable the owners of this website any other individual who has supplied material or the owners of the site for any accident, legal action, loss or damage to property or other incident, no matter how caused.
3. If you decide to enter any sites, you accept injury or death or legal proceedings as your own risk and not that of any other individual, including the owners of this website and any individual who has contributed information.
4. Any information on this website is not necessarily accurate or complete.
5. Trip reports, photos or similar on this website relating to any sites does not indicate or imply that the site is legal for the public to access, nor that is it safe to explore, even if it explicitly states in the material that either case is.
6. You will research the legalities of access to a site before attempting to enter the site.
7. If you pass on any information from this website to another individual, you must also include a copy of this disclaimer and that person must also be in full acceptance of the terms.