This sculpture of a sundial by Neil Talbot and was received by Mayor Gwynneth Hanson on May 15th 1995
It was commissioned by Cleveland Arts (now Tees Valley Arts)
It stands on some tiles which show local geology but they are in very poor condition already.
Christ Church in Hartlepool was built in 1854 and designed by Edward Buckton Lamb, it was paid for by public subscription with a large contribution from Ralph Ward Jackson, it is built from limestone excavated during the construction of Jacksons Dock.
The church closed in 1973 and in 1996 became Hartlepool Art Gallery.
Sir William Gray was the first Mayor of West Hartlepool from 1887 to 1888 and founder of the shipbuilders William Gray and Company
This status was unveiled on 26th March 1898 by Alderman Clarkson (or rather the wind which blew off the covers before he had chance), the sculptor was William Day Keyworth Jr with the foundry being Rovini and Partanti
The tale of the residents of Hartlepool hanging a monkey as French spy during the Napoleonic Wars is very well known.
This Make A Wish For The Monkey statue in the marina, now collect coins for charity.
Sandwell Gate is named after the long gone chalybeate spring on the beach. It was most likely built in the 14th Century.
More details on the town walls here
Andy Capp creator Reg Smythe was born and died in Hartlepool and based the characters on his own parents.
The bronze statue was erected in 2007