This set of workshops also sport a 1931 datestone
The aerodrome NAFFI also stands on Martinet Road and has a date stone from its construction in 1931
This memorial to the Thornaby Aerodrome was unveiled by Wing Commander Hank Costain MBE on 8th of May 1997. Sculptor – Tony Maw, Architect- David Shuttlesworth, Stonemason – Bob Weatherill.
Thornaby Aerodrome was developed in 1930, although the area known as Foggins Field had been used for flying previously. The aerodrome closed in 1958 with the town of Thornaby being developed over the site. One small scrap of the runway remain and acts at the car park to the National Reserve & Patriotic Club