Calton station opened in 1836 on the Clarence Railway, after various mergers it became part of the London and North Eastern Railway and was renamed Redmarshall Station in 1923.
Two set of tracks existed here, with an early example of electrification taking place in 1915 for coal traffic on the line, two pair of lines passed under the bridge with the left-side being electrified, this portal is now filled and the track lifted.
Perhaps this old insulator still on the bridge could be part of that system ?
The LNER removed the electrification in 1935, however the guard rails on this side of the bridge still remain, giving extra protection that’s not included on the non-electric side.
The passenger station itself closed on 31st March 1952