Grangetown Railway Station originally dated from 1885 (when it was named Eston Grange and served that long lost community) The station has been disused since November 1991. The location is actually about 1km from the current Grangetown so its usage probably dropped to nothing when the industury it served closed.
The sizes of the ramps shows the volume of people who must have passed through it.
Although most of the station is relatively modern, there are some heavy sandstone blocks alongside the black path which hint at its earlier 1800s incarnation.
An internal railway line to the ironworks runs immediately alongside the station.