Lealholm 1904 Drinking Fountain

Geotag Icon Show on map

This drinking fountain dated 1904 stands in the centre of the village.
Lealholm 1904 Drinking Fountain
The “FL” motif stands for Sir Francis Ley who was a major benefactor to the village at this time. The village also has a Ley Hall and he was involved in the building of St James Church between 1901 and 1902.
Lealholm 1904 Drinking Fountain
The stand-pipe had the makers mark Ham, Baker and Co. Ltd but this seems to have gone, a metal cup still remains chained to the wall

2 thoughts on “Lealholm 1904 Drinking Fountain

  1. Pingback: A third Lealholm drinking fountain | Hidden Teesside

  2. Pingback: Another 1904 Lealholm Drinking Fountain | Hidden Teesside

Leave a Reply