In addition to a previous postÂ here are some shots of the ceremonial Aberdeen granite foundation stones from 3rd August 1910
OneÂ laid by Alderman Joseph McLauchlan, the initiator of the scheme and Lieut. Colonel T. Gibson Poole the Mayor. The contractors Sir William ArrolÂ were also involved in the Tay Bridge, Forth Bridge, Tower Bridge, Severn Bridge and Humber Bridge.
The Â£84,000 bridge was opened on 17 October 1911 byÂ Prince Arthur of Connaught.
If Wikipedia is to be believed, the man seen falling from the bridge duringÂ the opening ceremony is Arthur Darwin, a relative of John “Seaton Canoe” Darwin.