The Victoria Pier was built in 1875 and intended to be 2000ft long, the Griffin and Corrymbus collided with it in a storm in 1874 before it was even complete and it was shortened by 200ft.
TheÂ pier had twoÂ two pavilions, the first an indoor skating rink. The second pavilion located in the middle of the pier, was for band concerts.
In 1898 the Birger collided with the pier,Â splittingÂ it in two andÂ leading to its closureÂ closed.
In 1923 the end of the pier was renovated and a glass and metal pavillion placed on top.
In 1928 this was in turn demolished and theÂ New Pavilion Theatre built which finally became the Regent Cinema in the 1960s