This stone from a Methodist Chapel is in a modern bungalow opposite the community centre at Charltons. However old maps don’t show any previous buildings on this site.
It is also unclear whether Alderman J.T. Fletcher is associated with the 1873 date or the 18/2/61 (which must be 1961 if it was re-laid then?)
This news report from 1874 hints work may have still being ongoing
Could it actually have been the chapel and school midway between Charltons and Margrove Park as suggested by 1890s Primitive Methodists circuits ?