Saltburn Mosaic Number 5

Geotag Icon Show on map

The final installment in the series of 150th anniversary mosaics.

Saltburn Mosaic 5

The main subject this time is the valley gardens and features the Prince Albert Memorial , section of the Halfpenny Bridge and Viaduct

The artists are Helen Gaunt and Derek Mosey with assistance from the people of Saltburn.

One thought on “Saltburn Mosaic Number 5

  1. The cast iron bridge spanning the valley, unveiled in 1869 and demolished in 1974 was actually called ‘The Saltburn Bridge’. The name ‘Ha’Penny Bridge’ was the local nickname for the structure based on the toll for a single pedestrian.

Leave a Reply