The pillbox overlooks the Seaton On Tees channel, where Greatham Creek reaches the sea.
Externally its virtually free of grafitti, perhaps due to its remote location.
Inside the mounting pole for a Bren or Lewis gun still remains.
The hospital dated from 1861 and was demolished in 1982 to make way for these homes.
The two stones in the wall were recovered.
The North Ormesby Community History Group have a series of photos of the building.