Hutton Hall, Guisborough

Hutton Hall was built in 1866 for Sir Joseph Whitwell Pease, the son of Joseph Pease one of the key players in the Stockton & Darlington Railway
Hutton Hall, Guisborough
Pease became first Baronet of Hutton Lowcross and Pinchinthorpe in 1882.

In 1902 a Bank crash forced the Pease family to sell the Hutton Hall estate, this photo is from the sale catalogue
5-10-49-01-guisborough-jp-front

During the Spanish Civil War the Hall was used to house Basque refugee children.