Clara Lady Dorman School opened in May 1926. It was named after the wife of Arthur Dorman co-founder of Dorman Long and Co Ltd.
This photo was taken in early August 2011 shortly before the building was demolished, at that time it was just known as Dormanstown Primary School.
This windmill was built somewhere between 1861 and 1863 byÂ George Burnett, the mill was 64ft tall with three storeys and had 4 sails which were apparently still in use until around 1915.
After this the mill fell into disuse and the upper stories were removed in 1960.
This natural spring is found justÂ by the side of the road and features a lions head and the remains of a chain where a cup has been attached.
There are a number of plaques with some unusual inscriptions.
The station opened on 3rd December 1883 as part of the Whitby, Redcar and Middlesbrough Union Railway
The line along the coast closed on 5th May 1958 although this station remained open as part of the Whitby to Scarborough line until it closed on 12th June 1961.
The station is now converted into houses and a bridge still stands over the abandoned tracks, which seems to have been adopted as someones garden above.
ThisÂ mosaic of a miner and horse was unveiled at the Cleveland Ironstone Mining Museum on Wednesday June 22nd 2011.
The mosaic is the work of Derek Mosey & Helen Gaunt with volunteers from the museum, the people of SkinningroveÂ and children from Whitecliffe Primary School. Derek and Helen also made the Skinningrove Story Wall
A new leaflet is available on the ICE website, which details all 13 crossings of the Tees from the Transporter Bridge upstream to the Yarm viaduct.
It has been produced by the Institution of Civil Engineers in conjunction with the Cleveland Industrial Archaeology Society and the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation.
The Admiral Van Tromp was a Scarborough trawler that ran aground on 30/09/1976.
The exact circumstance of the accident remain a mystery as the boat was on completely the wrong course and a senior nautical surveyor at the inquest stated it appeared it was driven onto the rocks deliberately.
No-one will ever know the real reasons as the man at the wheel John ‘Scotch Jack’ Addison was killed, along with one other crew member.
The details of the accident are covered in much greater detail on the website of the Scarborough Maritime Heritage Centre
Again, check the tide tables before visiting wreck sites and needing a rescue yourself.
The Rohilla was launched by Harland and Wolff in Belfast on the 6th September 1906. On 6th August 1914 she became a hospital ship.
At 4am onÂ 29th October 1914 the Rohilla struck rocks at Saltwick Nab near Whitby with 229 people on board. A huge rescue attempt was mounted that lasted several days due to the terrible weather conditions, howeverÂ over 80 people perished.Â A huge amount of details on the disasterÂ can be found on this website
A few fragments of the ship can be found to the west of Saltwick Nab, although care should be taken to check tide tables before visiting. Much more of the wreck remain still under the water.
The MV Creteblock was constructed in Shoreham around 1919/20 from reinforced concrete rather than steel which was in short supply during World War 1 (although it was completed too late to see active service)
Smiths Dock used the vessel as a tug until 1934/1935 when she was brought to Whitby to be scrapped, the ship deteriorated there until 1947 when she was finally to be scuttled in deep water, however the boat sank in shallow water just outside the harbour and was later blown up
Care should be taken to check the tides before visiting this location